What will inspire you to create today?

Friday, March 1, 2013

Friday Finishes

I made it! I made a goal on Sunday that I would take the A line skirt class on Craftsy this week and draft my very own
Pattern. Well, I did it. The class is great the instructor Debbie Moebes teaches how to make a simple pattern and how to alter it to make several different styles of the same skirt.

I made the skirt with a facing. This is the first time I have ever made a muslin. I admit I was not as patient as I should have been and I paid for it in the end. I decided the muslin for fine and did not add the facing before I cut into my real fabric. I choose some old corduroy from my stash. I got the skirt all done facing and all and realized it was a bit too big. I had to rip out the back facing and the darts to make them a bit more extreme. In the end it was not that big of a deal but I could have avoided it if I would have just finished the muslin to begin with. Live and learn.
I made the skirt to wear tonight with my new shirt. I am headed to Boise with 8 girlfriends to go to a concert. I love to dance pretty much more than anything so yeah!!!!
The ladies will take some pictures of the skirt in action. Until then...

What or who is inspiring you to create?

I am linking this to:

Fresh Poppy Design

No comments:

Post a Comment