What will inspire you to create today?

Sunday, March 17, 2013

WIP: March 6, 2013

Welcome to another Work in Progress update.  This week I finished my A Line skirt!



This past weekend I was lucky to be one of the ladies to go and see Alabama Shakes in Boise.  The band was recently on Saturday Night Live.



The Renfrew top fit out of the package which was great since I have not done any garment sewing since High School.  The skirt was designed to my body.  At first I did not get the exact fit... I should have made the back darts a bit bigger the first time around but I was nervoud that I was taking out too much... so lesson learned.  

As part of the deal so I could go to ladies night, my son went to his buddy Lucas' house for his first sleepover.  His mom Desna is one of my best friends and she was so sweet to take him....on her birthday.  He also was able to attend a birthday party with them so I sent this little purse for the young lady to enjoy!  



Also the Blue Belles quilt I made a few weeks ago arrived at Peggy's.  It was a great surprise and I hope it helps to get her well soon.

I have joined in on the Stashbusting Sewalong... in February the goal was to make something for someone else in with your stash... although I did complete the project.. I forgot to link.  I also wanted to make something for my son.  Back in October at the Sewing Summit I bought this book Sewing for Boys


Unfortunately, other projects got in the way.  Sunday was the first day I opened it with the intention of actually making something.  I had some left over knit from my Sewing Summit project... plenty to make  some kids clothes.  


I think he loves them!!!  SO simple to make and rewarding too!


This Week's Plan:
Work on view C of the Renfrew top.
Piece the back of my rainbow Quilt
More string blocks for my niece's quilts
Hand sewing Circle of Nine

Projects finished this week:
Craftsy A Line Skirt
Sewing for Boys:  Raglan Top and Kickin's Back Sweats
Cord Bag for Bella

Projects I worked on:
String Quilts for my nieces
Circle of Nine handquilting

Other WIP with no progress:
Under the Rainbow
Quilt blocks for our bedroom quilt
Curtains for our bedroom
Civil War Quilt
3X6 quilt (I finally have it basted I just need to get after the quilting.)
Felt Hat
Santa decoration
Maxi Skirt Details
Medallion Quilt

Projects I have the fabric for but have done nothing:
Polka Dot Amy Butler Apron Dress
Linen Amy Butler
Curtains for the upstairs door
Curves Quilt
Curtains for downstairs
Curtains for the laundry room
Weekender
Polaroid Sleeping Bag
Alabama Chanin Skirt
Pillows for students
Idea Pouch
Trip Around the World
Bottled Rainbows

Please check out all the other projects on:

No comments:

Post a Comment