I then went ahead and picked out some fabric that I would use for my practice block.
These are the fabrics that I am using for the final block.
I added the purple and the red to the array that Moni sent.
I laid out the fabric after cutting it all per her directions.
I find it difficult that you look at the pattern backwards. Therefore this is where my mistake came in.
No problem with the first quadrant. However....
I accidentally did the A part of the pattern instead of the B
part and this did not work out. good thing I have more fabric!
Lesson learned I will line up before sewing.
First half of the practice block finished!