What will inspire you to create today?

Friday, January 18, 2013

Stashbusting


Well, two years ago when I started sewing again.... I hate to admit this but all of my fabric fit into one bin.  It was mostly cord and mostly from over 10 years ago.  Since I started quilting in 2010 I have a whole new obsession of buying pretty fat quarter pieces of fabric.  Well, now I have decided that I would like to do more garment sewing so I have added patterns and larger pieces.  The Work in Progress list is so out of control that I am embarrased to do a weekly WIP posting.  I saw the Stashbusting Sewalong and knew this was an opportunity to help me finish some of the projects I have on the shelf.

So here is my pledge:

I Shawn (creativeinspiraciones), commit to using a lot of pieces of stash fabric in 2013.   I will make my best attempt to use stash fabric before purchasing any additional fabric. I do not have many pieces larger than fat quarters, so if the project requires a bigger chunk I can add to it by way of purchase. However, I am not aloud to start any new projects that require all new fabic. If I do not have any of the material for the project in my stash,  I can not add it to the to do list. I also commit to not buying any new fabric/patterns/notions except for must haves to complete a project until all of my current projects are completed.


No comments:

Post a Comment