What will inspire you to create today?

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Birthday Month Come and Gone...

Well I was able to accomplish my goal this month.  The Circle of Nine quilt has made it to Melody.  She is the proud owner of her very own quilt.  She is my siste in laws second child.  It is funny how the second child does not get all the cutesy handmade gifts that the first child gets.   I was the second in my family…. and my mom only filled out one or two pages in my baby book.   This is why I am sticking to only one child… and spoiling him to death!



Most of the blocks in the quilt were made through a Circle of Geese Swap on Flickr.  I made a few of them to round out the number.  I then took a class with my friend Janet Houts to learn her style the Circle of Nines.  I love the way the quilt turned out.  I decided that I was going to try and learn how to handquilt.  Unfortunately this is not my style and the results were not fast enough for me.  So I did the center block and that is where it ended.  The rest I free motion quilted.



Overall I am very happy with how it turned out.  Originally this quilt was going to be for me… but Melody and I have the same favorite colors, so she won!



Here is where I wrote about my original goal.

Goals for January:
Finish Circle of Nine Quilting and send it off in time for Melody's Birthday.: Achieved!

Other WIP:
Work on Bedroom quilt to match the curtains :Working!
Santa decoration No work.
Medallion Quilt No work.
Dress repair and hand embellish Alabama Channin :A few stitches.
Trip Around the World (Sew Blues Bee) :I have received 6 out of 11 back.
Laurel: Finished!

I also made a birthday dress that was not on the list and started some more projects of course!

I am linking this up to a Lovely Year of Finishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment